CINNAMON SUGAR COATED CASHEWS.in christmas, food, sweet treats
Hi everyone. I've been wanting to share these amazing Cinnamon Sugar Coated Cashews with you for so long. I've been making and giving them as gifts for the last five years and I (and hopefully all the people I've given them to) can't recommend them enough. They're delicious, make fantastic gifts and are also really easy to make. If you're looking for a last minute gift to give to someone this christmas these cinnamon sugar coated cashews might be the answer.
Cinnamon Sugar Coated Cashews,
1 egg white
I tablespoon of water
350g of cashews
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to gas mark 1 or 140c.
2. Grease a baking tray.
3. In a bowl whisk the egg white and water together till frothy and white.
4. In a separate bowl mix the sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
5. Add the cashews to the egg white mixture and fold in.
6. Next add the sugar mixture to the cashews and stir until evenly coated.
7. Spread the sugar coated cashews onto the baking tray.
8. Bake at gas mark 1 for 1 hour stirring them every 15 minutes.
(adapted from allrecipes.com )
I'd like to say they last a couple of weeks in an air tight container but the truth is I've never found out. They're just too delicious to have lying around and not be tempted by that sweet crunchy cinnamon shell.Try them and you'll know what I mean.