MAKE IT MONDAY - DIY GIFT BAGS MADE USING ENVELOPES.in craft, diy, make it monday, paper crafts
Hi, I'm back with another quick Make It Monday craft project. This week I'm showing you how to turn envelopes into gift bags. Remember my recycled card gift boxes and paperclip card notebooks? Well, today I'm going to show you what to do with all those envelopes. With a few simple folds and some washi tape you can turn an envelope into a cute, mini gift bag.
Supplies: Envelopes, scissors or a paper trimmer, a bone folder, a glue stick and some washi tape.
1. Take your envelope and seal it shut.
2. Using a pair of scissors or a paper trimmer cut a couple of mm off the side of your envelope.
3. Fold the 3 remaining sides in about ½ inch. Use a bone folder or the flat side of a ruler to make a crisp fold.
4. Open the envelope and push the bottom of the envelope in to form the base of the bag. As you push the bottom in the sides of the bag will pop out and 2 triangles will form. Press everything flat along the creases and glue the triangles down onto the base.
5. Pinch in the top of the bag and reverse the side folds so they fold inwards instead of out.
6. Fold the top down and secure with some washi tape.
And that's it. Fill with a small gift or treat and share with your family and friends.
P.S. Let's stay in touch. Follow along on Facebook.