DIY ORIGAMI STAR MINI TREE GARLAND.in christmas, craft, diy, origami, paper crafts
The final countdown to Christmas has begun and I've got one last craft project to share with you. I picked up this adorable mini Christmas tree at my local supermarket and although it's actually covered in silver glitter I thought it looked a little bare. These origami lucky stars are the perfect solution. I used them as tiny tree toppers last year when I made these diy paper Christmas trees and this time I thought I'd string them up and use them to create a mini paper star garland. If you're still looking for some last minute decorations to deck your halls decorating some mini trees might be the answer, they'll make your home festive and bright in no time at all.
To make the origami star:
1. Start by cutting up some strips of paper. If you want mini stars cut the paper into 12 x ½ inch strips.
2. Tie a loose knot in one end of the paper strip.
3. Pull it gently and press flat to make a pentagon.
4. Tuck the short end of the paper strip into the knot.
5. Wrap the long end around each side of your pentagon. It should naturally follow in the right direction. Keep going until you have a small tail piece left. Tuck the tail end securely into the knot.
6. Pinch each corner of the pentagon between your thumb and forefinger to make the star puff up.
7. Thread the finished stars onto some cotton or embroidery thread and wrap around your mini Christmas tree.
Super simple to make as all last minute decorations should be and the fact that they're cute as a button doesn't hurt either.