I fell in love with these tiny notebooks when I pinned them a few months back and since I use notebooks all the time it seems like a good idea to know how to make a few different types myself. You can find my other tutorial, this time for perfect bound notebooks here.
These mini notebooks are made using shipping tags, pretty clever, right? They're also really quick and easy to make. Have a go and let me know in the comments below how you get on.
SUPPLIES: Shipping/luggage tags, Scrapbook paper, Lined paper, String, A pencil. Hole punch, Stapler, Embossing tool, Ruler, Cutting mat, And a pair of scissors.
1. First you're going to want to take your shipping or luggage tag and trace around them onto your chosen scrapbook paper. Make sure to mark where the hole is as well.
2. Cut out your tag.
3. Line up your hole punch with the mark you made earlier and punch through the paper.
4. Use an embossing tool to score a line below where the tag starts to narrow and fold. Measure halfway down your tag and score another line.
5. Fold your tag, make sure the flaps all fit neatly inside each other. Trim if necessary.
6. Cut and trim some lined paper to fit inside your mini notebook.
7. Line up your pages and notebook cover and staple together.
8. Fold your notebook. If your pages don't quite fit you can always trim away any excess.
9. Loop some string through the hole and wrap around to keep your notebooks closed.
Don't forget you don't have to leave your notebooks plain, you can decorate them with stamps, stickers or other embellishments.
As well as the mini notebooks I also made a larger one. If you want to do the same here are the measurements I used.
To make a notebook measuring 5 3/4 by 4 1/2 inches you will need to make a tag 10 3/4 by 5 3/4 inches. To make the slanted sides measure and mark 2 inches from the top and 1 inch in. Join up with a ruler.