Make these magical origami Christmas trees with a few folds and snips of some paper. A pretty last minute decorations for your holiday table.
Are you ready for the last diy project of the year? Origami Christmas trees. I'm so excited to share these magical little trees with you. With only 4 days left until Christmas time is running out to get your house looking suitable festive.
Instead of spending yet more money on last minute decorations why not try making these cute little trees. They're such a quick and easy project, cost practically nothing and take no time at all. All you need is some left over gift wrap and a pair of scissors and you’re good to go.
Keep scrolling to see how easy these simple origami trees are to make.
1. Start by laying your paper square down with the white side facing up.
2. Fold it in half edge to edge. Open back out and fold in half again this time in the other direction.
3. Open back out and fold in half again this time across both the diagonals.
4. Open out and lay flat with the white side facing up. Using the creases you have previously made bring the top 3 corners down to meet at the bottom corner. Press flat. You should now have a diamond shape.
5. Fold the sides in to meet at the center crease.
6. Flip over and repeat on the other side. You should now have an upside down kite shape.
7. Open one of the flaps back out and flatten. Take the outer edge and collapse it in folding it in to the center.
8. Repeat for the other side.
9. Flip it over and repeat step 8 and 9.
10. Now take a pair of scissors and cut the bottom point off your kite. To make it easier fold the top layer back to make a triangle and use this as a guide.
11. Using a pair of scissors cut 3 horizontal lines in each side of the triangle. These will make your branches.
12. Starting from the right fold each cut line down to make a small triangle. Fold to the left like a page and repeat by folding down each cut line on the right. Keep folding and turning until all the branches have been folded. When you reach the end flip it over and repeat on the other side.
13. Open out your origami tree and stand.
All done and don’t they look fantastic?
These folded paper trees are perfect for displaying on your table or mantle. Cute and quick to make. I’ve made 9 so far and I’m sure a few more will be popping up over the next couple of days.
Whether you make a single tree or a whole forest I’m sure they’ll make a lovely finishing touch to your Holiday decorations.