This chunky rocky road is another one of those things I've made countless times over the years and it always turns out great. I've made it for parties, friends birthdays and mostly just because I want to. Even though this last batch fell into the just because I want to category I did end up giving at least half of it away. When something tastes this good it's hard to keep it to yourself.
300g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids)
250g unsalted butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
200g digestive biscuits
250g marshmallows (keep a handful back for decorating)
2. Melt the chocolate, butter and syrup together in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of water on a low simmer. Heat gently, making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water and stir well.
3. Take your biscuits and break them up into pieces, no smaller than quarters. Remember we want this to be chunky so try not crush your biscuits too much, we want nice big pieces.
4. Add your chunky biscuits pieces and marshmallows (don't forget to keep some back for decorating) to the melted chocolate mixture and stir well until everything is evenly coated.
5. Pour your mixture into the greased baking tin and scatter the remaining marshmallows on top.
6. Leave to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until firm.
7. Once firm cut into pieces and serve.
this pin. If dark chocolate isn't your thing you could try this white chocolate rocky road with coconut and ginger biscuits. Remember anything goes.
Find more sweet treats over on my pinterest board.