I love clipboards. They're one of my favourite ways to keep organised. You can use them to hold shopping lists, bills, collect inspiration, display art work or even to hold my free motivational printable. But as much as I love them I don't always love the way they look. Today I'm going to show you an easy method to decorate a boring, old clipboard and make it pretty.
I've tried a few different ways of decorating clipboards but this is the one I've found to be the easiest. If you're not lucky enough to have a clipboard with removable hardware this is a great solution. All you need to get started is a clipboard, some pretty paper, a craft knife and some glue.
SUPPLIES: A clipboard, some gift wrap or other decorative paper, a craft knife, a pair of scissors and a glue stick.
The above links are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase through them I receive a small commission.
1. Measure your clipboard and cut your paper to size. I used a sheet of gift wrap I bought in Paperchase. You need to make sure your paper is about an inch larger than your clipboard.
If you're worried about your clipboard holding up to daily wear and tear you could cover your paper in clear sticky back plastic first.
2. Tuck your paper under the clip.
3. Using the clip as a guide cut a straight line. You want it to be slightly longer than the back (the smaller) section of the clip.
4. Remove the paper and cut down from the top to form an upside down 'T' shape.
5. Apply a thin layer of glue to your clipboard and slide the paper back under the clip. This might take a little maneuvering because of the glue so take your time. You should be left with 2 flaps, one each side of the clip.
6. Press around the edge of the clip using your fingernail or an embossing tool to leave a scored outline. This will help make the next step easier.
7. Use a craft knife to cut around the outline of the metal clip. Remove the excess paper to reveal a neat edge around the clip.
8. Flip the clipboard over and using either a pair of scissors or a craft knife trim away any excess paper.
9. Hang and display.
Don't forget you can get organised and download my free 'Make it happen' motivational printable here.