THINGS I'VE MADE FROM THINGS I'VE PINNED - CREAMY GARLIC MUSHROOM PASTA.in food, things i've made from things i've pinned
Hi, welcome to a new feature I'm going to call 'Things I've made from things I've pinned.' I'm going to try and make something I've pinned or found on Pinterest once a month, maybe twice if I can and share it here on the blog. Sometimes it'll be recipes like this one and other times it'll craft projects or diy's.
First up is this Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta. It took me around 30 minutes to make and that was with me stopping to take photos along the way so I'm going to call this a quick meal. The original recipe used dill instead of parsley and a bit more cream but I just used what I already had in. It was pretty tasty. I'll definitely be making this again.
Ingredients needed to make your own Creamy Garlic Mushroom Pasta (serves 4):
1 medium onion
2 cloves of garlic
125 ml chicken stock
240 ml double cream
And salt and pepper.
1. First add your pasta to a pan of boiling water and cook until al dente.
2. Chop up your mushrooms. I used shiitake but you could use whatever you have to hand.
3. Next chop up your onion and mince your garlic.
3. Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in your pan. Add your mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook until golden brown (about 5mins).
4. Add your chicken stock, cream and some chopped parsley to the pan. Simmer until the sauce starts to thicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Drain your pasta (remember to keep a little of your pasta water behind to add later). Combine with your creamy garlic mushroom mixture. If your sauce is too thick add a little of the pasta water you kept behind to loosen it.
6. Sprinkle on some freshly chopped parsley and serve.
(Recipe adapted from here.)
What about you? Are you on Pinterest? What things have you pinned and made?
You can find more of pins over here or if you just want to check out my food board click here.