DIY ORIGAMI ENVELOPES.in craft, diy, origami, paper crafts
A few months ago I shared this tutorial showing you how to make your simple envelopes out of scrapbook paper. The idea was to use an existing envelope as a template then trace around it onto your paper but what do you do if you don't have any spare envelopes lying around the house. Well, that's easy, make these diy origami envelopes of course. Problem solved.
Things you'll need to make your own Diy Origami Envelopes:
12x12 scrapbook paper,
And a ruler.
That's it. That's all you need. Let's get started.
1. Fold your paper in half on the diagonal to form a triangle.
2. Take the top layer and fold it down to the bottom edge of your triangle.
3. Using a ruler measure a third of the way in. If you're using a 12 x 12 piece of scrapbook paper you need to measure 14.3 cm in from the left. Take the right corner of your triangle and fold it in to your 1/3 mark.
4. Next you need to take your left corner and fold it to the edge of the right hand side. Flatten and crease.
5. Take the top flap you've just folded and fold it back on itself. You want the corner of the triangle to touch the edge of the left hand side.
6. Unfold, open and press flat to form a diamond shaped pocket.
7. To finish your origami envelope, take the top of your triangle and fold it down. It should touch the bottom edge and fit inside your diamond pocket.
If you use scrapbook paper or other thick paper to make these origami envelopes you may need to press them overnight as the thicker paper does tend to spring back.
Let me know how you get on.