EASY SQUARE ORIGAMI ENVELOPES.in craft, diy, origami, paper crafts
Hi, I'm popping in with this quick origami envelope tutorial today. I was having look through the archives yesterday and realised that I've been on a bit of an origami kick lately. I do love how easy it is to make something simply by folding a bit of paper. I used to make all my birthday and Christmas cards but I have to admit it's been quite a few years since I've made more than the odd one. These square origami envelopes are something I used to make back in the day and they really are the easiest thing to make. All you need is some pretty patterned paper and a little bit of patience.
1. Take your paper square and fold it in half across the diagonal.
I used a 12 x 12 inch piece of paper to make an envelope big enough to hold a 5½ square card. The pink gingham envelope was made using a 10 x 10 inch piece of paper and holds a 4½ square card. And finally the smallest envelope was made using a 8 x8 inch piece of paper fits a 3½ card.
2. Fold the right corner over a third of the way across. I recommend using a ruler for this part.
3. Fold the left corner over to meet the right corner.
4. You should now have 2 triangle pockets. Open them back out and slide the left triangle into the right pocket. Press everything flat.
5. Fold the top piece down to form the envelope flap.
6. Fill with your card or goodies and seal with a sticker or some washi tape.
If you liked these you might want to check out my other origami envelopes here.