DIY ORIGAMI EGG CUPS.in craft, diy, easter, paper crafts
Happy Friday. I'm back with another Easter origami project, this time a diy origami egg cup. If you need something to stop your newly decorated eggs from rolling all over the table you can fold these quick egg cup holders in a matter of minutes. Perfect for the impatient crafter.
1. Take a 6 inch square of origami paper and fold it in half to make a rectangle.
2. Fold the paper in half again to make a square and then open it back out to a rectangle.
3. Take the right edge and fold to meet the center crease. Repeat on the other side before opening both sides back out.
4. Open out the side and collapse down to make a triangle.
5. Collapse down the left hand side as well.
6. Flip the paper over.
7. Fold both edges in to meet the center.
8. Fold the bottom right corner up to the center.
9. Repeat and fold the bottom left corner up to the center crease to make an upside down triangle.
10. Flip the paper over and repeat steps 8 and 9.
11. Fold the top triangle up to meet the top of the paper. Flip the paper over and repeat on the other side.
12. Open out from the bottom to make the base and press down in the middle to form the cup.
13. Place your egg in the cup and display.
I love the sunny yellow origami paper. It makes me think of daffodils and spring. I'm holding out for more of the bright spring-like days I caught a glimpse of on Thursday. They can't be too far away, can they?
P.S. You can find my other origami projects here.