MAKE IT MONDAY: EASY ORIGAMI BUTTERFLIES.in craft, diy, make it monday, origami, paper crafts
This is a really simple tutorial so don't worry if you're new to origami. This is one of those crafts that is super quick and perfect for beginners. In a couple of minutes you'll have your own 3D paper butterfly. Let's dig out some brightly coloured paper and get folding.
1. Fold your paper in half, open out and fold in half again this time the opposite way.
2. Open out and fold along both diagonals.
3.Fold the center folds in and collapse in to make a triangle.
4. Fold the top layer of both corners up to meet in the center.
5. Flip it over and lift the bottom corner up. You want to fold it past the top edge so the tip of the triangle extends over the top. Flatten the center but not the edges of the crease.
6. Fold the tip of the triangle over and crease. If you're using anything thicker than origami paper you may need to use a little glue to hold this flap down,
7. To finish fold the butterfly in half to help shape it. All you have to do now is find a place to display your origami butterfly and enjoy.
Make them in a range of sizes and colours and display on your wall. The curved wings give the butterflies a lovely 3D effect. I glued some magnets to the back of mine and stuck them to my magnetic noticeboard above my desk but you could use them as table decorations, gift toppers or even string them up and make a garland.
Let's be friends. Don't forget you can follow along over on Facebook.