EASY ORIGAMI WALL ART.in craft, diy, origami, paper crafts
I was looking for a cheap and easy way to create some art to go in the living room when I remembered this folded paper wall art tutorial from How About Orange. It's a simple diy that I think adds a lot of impact to a room and can really brighten up a neglected corner.
I've changed mine up slightly from the original inspiration and instead of having the white of the paper showing through I decided to fold mine so the colour could be seen on the inside as well. To do this I made each square using the first few steps of an origami fortune teller. I made the whole thing in around an hour, not long at all. Here's how I did it.
1. Take your origami paper and fold in half along both diagonals.
2. Open it back out and fold each of the corners into the center.
3. Flip your paper over and fold all the corners into the center again.
4. Arrange your design and cut a piece of foam board or cardboard to size.
5. To finish use a glue stick or some double-sided tape and secure your origami pieces to the card.
What do you think? I know blank walls can seem like quite a daunting challenge so I think this is the perfect quick solution. I've got it on the picture ledge above the sofa at the moment but I think I might move it to hang above my desk instead.