DIY ORIGAMI BAT CUPCAKE TOPPERS.in craft, diy, halloween
Now that October is well underway I'm starting to get in the Halloween spirit. I made some origami bat cupcakes toppers on the weekend and fell in love with them. These batty toppers take only minutes to make and are the perfect spooky addition to any Halloween party or gathering.
SUPPLIES: Black origami paper // cocktail sticks (toothpicks) // washi tape or glue.
The above links are affiliate links. This means that if you purchase through them I receive a small commission.
1. Fold your origami paper in half diagonally.
2. Fold in half again and then open back out.
3. Fold the bottom corner up to the center crease. Do the same on the other side.
4. Take the top corner and fold it down to meet the bottom center. Do the same on the other side.
5. Fold the top of the flap down to meet the outside edge of the paper. Do the same on the other side.
6. Flip the paper over and fold the top down to make a triangle.
7. Fold the same piece up again this time in half so a small triangle sticks out over the top.
8. Flip it over again and fold small triangle down to the make the face of the bat.
9. Flip the paper over again. Take the bottom edge and fold it into the center. Do the same on the other side.
10. Take hold of the bottom of each flap and gently pull open to reveal the wings.
11. Flip it over for the finished bat.
12. Finally use a little glue or washi tape to secure each bat to a cocktail stick and top your cupcakes.
I love making paper crafts. I love how easy it is to take a few simple materials and turn them into some fantastic last minute decorations. Give them a go and let me know how you get on.