Learn how to make an easy origami paper cup to use as a snack holder at your next party! All you need is a simple sheet of paper and you’ll soon be folding your own snack cup - perfect for popcorn, crisps or sweets.
Summer is almost here and I’m sure that means many of you have been planning day trips, picnics and outdoor parties with family and friends. If you’ve been looking for a creative way to display snacks at your next party then look no further as I’ve got the perfect diy snack bag for you.
These simple origami cups are another one of those things I remember making at school. They’re easy to make and useful too. You can use them to hold crisps, sweets, popcorn or even water (as long as you’re quick 😉) and they make a cute snack bag at parties and picnics and movie nights. Make a whole bunch in advance and lie them flat to store or pop them open and stack them one inside the other.
SUPPLIES: I used the Maggie Holmes 12 x 12 inch Scrapbook Paper Pad to make mine but any scrapbook paper or thin card will work.
If you’re new to origami make sure to check out these 3 Basic Origami Folds For Beginners.
1. Fold your paper in half along the diagonal to make a triangle.
2. Fold the right side over to meet the left edge while keeping the top of triangle parallel to bottom.
3. Repeat by folding the left side over to meet the right edge.
4. Fold the top front flap down over the left and right flaps. Don’t worry if the flap sticks up, this will flatten out when you open your cup.
5. Flip your cup over and repeat by folding the top flat down on the other side.
6. Pop open and fill with your favourite party snack.
To change up the size of your origami snack cup, change the size of your paper square. I used a 12 x 12 inch piece of scrapbooking paper and found it made a good size for a single portion of popcorn. If you want to make something bigger, gift wrap or brown kraft paper would make a great alternative.
What do you think? Will you be making some origami snack cups for your next party? Sometimes a little crafty touch like these are all it takes to turn an impromptu movie night into something that extra bit special.