Make these easy origami star boxes with this simple diy. A few simple folds and you'll have the perfect little box to hold snacks and candy.
These origami star boxes are perfect for serving candy at parties, entertaining friends or even just a few snacks in front of the tv after a long day. They're a fun little project that you can use to store paperclips, buttons, drawing pins or any other little bits and pieces you have lying around. Bonus: They're so easy to make, you'll be able to whip up a bunch of them in no time.
1. Take your paper and lay in pattern side down. Fold in half and open out to make a mountain fold. Rotate 90 degrees and fold in half again. Open out and lay flat.
2. Fold your paper in half along both diagonals this time with the pattern side up to create a valley fold.
3. With one of the corners pointing towards you collapse your paper down into a diamond shape. The paper should naturally fold into shape.
4. Fold the right side in to meet the center crease.
5. Take the right flap and open it out and press flat to form a triangle. This is called a squash fold.
6. Repeat on the left side.
7. Flip your paper over and repeat to make two more squash folds. Your paper should now look the same on both sides.
8. Now bring the right flap over to the left and open out your folded paper. Fold both sides in to meet at the center crease.
9. Flip back to the center and then open your origami this time to the right. Repeat and fold both sides into the center.
10. Now fold the bottom point up. Repeat on the other 3 sides.
11. Make sure all 4 points are pointing down and use your fingers to gently open your origami box out. Once open press the bottom of your origami base flat.
12. Fill with your chosen snacks or sweets.
If you're throwing a party and don’t have any little bowls to match your theme I hope you're inspired to have a go at making your own. They really are so easy to make and a good one if you're a beginner to origami.
P.S. Don't forget to follow along on Pinterest for more crafty goodness. It's my favourite place to share and find diy inspiration.