HOW TO FOLD AN ORIGAMI SHIRT.in craft, diy, origami, paper crafts
Since Father's Day is just around the corner I thought I'd show you how to fold this cute origami shirt. I've seen people use them to decorate cards, as gift tags or even as the gift itself. Simply replace the origami paper with a money instead (I used a £10 note to make mine), slip it inside your card and hey presto, instant gift.
1. Take your square of origami paper, fold and cut in half.
2. With the coloured side facing down, fold the bottom edge up by a third.
3. Flip it over and fold in half. Open out again and fold the 2 sides in to meet at the center.
4. Fold the bottom 2 pieces out at an angle to make the shirt sleeves.
5. Flip the paper over and fold the top edge down about ½ cm.
6. To make the collar you need to flip it over again and this time fold the top 2 pieces in at an angle.
7. Fold the bottom edge up, tuck it under the collar and press flat.
8. Jazz up your origami shirts with tiny buttons or a paper tie and you're all set.
I made mine using some origami paper, leftover bits of scrapbook paper and a £10 note but you could use any paper. Just make sure that your paper is twice as long as it is wide. The scrapbook paper was a little harder to fold so if you choose to go this route I recommend using a bone folder to help flatten each fold as you go.
And don't forget they can just as easily be used for birthdays, graduations and even as a congratulations on that new job. What do you think? What would you use them for?